Tasty dessert!! A perfect end for a meal. A meal is incomplete without having a dessert. However, most of the desserts contain a high amount of sugar which really not good for your health. But healthy eating means not to skip dessert. There are so many fat less and low sweet desserts we can make at home easily.
Dessert is a course that concludes the meal. It consists of sweet foods such as dishes of fruits, cookies, ice creams, cakes, custards, sweet soups, salads, and tarts. It is a suitable one which satisfies your craving. Taking dessert after a meal it is really good for your health.
Sometimes you want sweets that simply sink your teeth with sweetness. But when you want to prepare it at home that should be made quickly and easily. Here below some healthy dessert recipes ideas are provided for you which makes your work simple and quick. Follow below recipes, prepare it at your home and enjoy!
History of desserts
The word desserts came from the origin of the French word “desservir” means ” to clean the table”. Western culture uses
Sweet cravings for desserts have existed since the early beginnings of humanity. Now it’s enjoyed by many. It was originated to remove the aftertaste of a meal with an awesome sweet taste. Regular people are afforded desserts only at occasional times. Technology improvement in sugar production cause to produce large varieties of sweet recipes. It is a way to enjoy easy dessert recipes worldwide.
Every dessert recipe has born in somewhere. The first cheesecake was made in Greece, these were later served in olympics in 776 BC. The origin of ice cream is China. They mixed rice with milk and let it froze it using snow. Until the 1800s the ice cream is only for special occasions because the refrigerators were not invented.
why desserts are important?
Can desserts be healthy? The answer is yes. The healthy dessert recipes not only satisfy your craving but also make good to your health. Here are some benefits of dessert recipes will actually do your health good.
Lose weight – The dessert eaters loss weight more than who eat not desserts. They are a more significant loss in their weight successfully. Desserts have a lot of healthy nutrients and proteins which will cause to improve your health.
Lowers your blood pressure- The same flavonoids which lowers the risk of stroke that cause to reduce the blood pressure. Those who eat dark chocolate or cocoa powder daily, were observed that they lowered the blood pressure a little bit.
Positive influence on your mood- Desserts can also show their positive effect on your mood. Carbohydrate-rich products release serotonin and tryptophan. Chemicals that produce energy well being. Dark chocolate is particularly theobromine rich.
Improve nutrients intaken- We crave dense food when our body is lacking nutrients. In some cases, rich dessert is just fuel to your body and brain needs. Consuming enough carbohydrates from healthier dessert is really improve your health.
You no need to worry about calories. You can eat it without having any doubt because here I am showing the low-calorie desserts. The different types of dessert recipes are shown below which help you to decrease your craving!
how to make different types of desserts?
1. Fruity milk jellies
The combination of milk and jelly with fruits is yummy. It makes everyone smile. It is perfect for summer parties. Learn here how to make fruity milk jellies. Prepare easily and serve delicious dishes to your guests.
How to make fruity milk jellies recipe?
- pour four gelatin leaves in a cup of cold water, set aside for 5 min to soften
- Heat 150ml of milk until it just steaming
- Add gelatin leaves with milk and stir until dissolved and set aside.
- Blitz the peaches with the addition of 150ml milk and 50g of sugar.
- Strain the mixture into a bowl through a fine sieve and add it to the mixture of gelatin.
- Follow this procedure for different colors you have.
- It’s important that the mixture is at room temperature before it poured on the peach jelly.
- Keep it remain about 2 hrs in the fridge and serve it with ice cream if you want and enjoy jelly.
2. Vegan chocolate banana ice cream
Ice cream is a sweetened frozen food normally take it as a snack and dessert. It is typically made from dairy products such as milk, cream with the mixing of various fruits and flavors. In the summer, ice cream is the perfect cool treat to help you to hit the heat. Definitely, I like the ice creams with different flavors.
How To Make chocolate banana ice cream?
- Grind the banana and chocolate powder with sufficient sugar
- Add milk, cream and blitz it in ice cream blender.
- Freeze it and serve.
3. Lemon and violet drizzle cake
The cake is a form of dessert that is typically baked, has been around for centuries. From its beginnings, the concept and making of cake changed significantly to become a more necessary part of any vacation.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C for at least 10 mins
- Lightly apply butter to round cake pan and keep it aside
- Take all purpose flour, baking soda and baking powder in a bowl.
- Mix well till incorporated by using a hand mixer.
- Take soften butter in another bowl in addition with granulated sugar
- Beat it till light and fluffy
- Add yogurt, beat it till mix.
- Add lemon juice and lemon zest. MIx it well
- Add the flour mixture and beat it till incorporated.
- Pour butter in prepared cake pan.
- Bake it in the oven for 30-35 mins
- After keeping it out and let it cool completely.
- To make the icing, sift powdered sugar in a bowl
- Add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and stir until you get a thick and smooth glaze.
- Make it smooth and runny. Add more lemon juice or sugar as needed.
- Pour icing over the top of the cake. let the icing dry before you cut it.
4. Easy biscuit recipe without an oven
Sugar biscuits are the most popular sweet and crispy. The word “biscuits” came from the Latin panis biscoctus, a twice baked bread. It is a small quick bread usually made from flour, salt butter, milk, and sugar. So what kind of biscuits can be taken when having a cup of tea?
How to make biscuits?
- Add all-purpose powder in a bowl in addition to salt, sugar, baking powder.
- By using hand mixer mix well with 8 tablespoons of cheese until it gets smooth.
- Add milk to make a flour dough.
- Make biscuits in different shapes.
- Keep that plate of biscuits in the cooker, close the lid.
- After 25 to 30 mins take out those biscuits and serve.
5. Chocolate Pudding recipe
Pudding is a type of food that can be both a dessert and savory dish. The original pudding was prepared by the combination of assorted ingredients with grain products.
- Add sugar, corn starch, cocoa powder, salt, small pieces of chocolate bar in a saucepan.
- Whisk all them.
- Place saucepan over medium heat.
- Gradually add cups of milk, mix it until incorporated and smooth.
- Cook, stirring continuously until it thickens.
- Remove from heat and transfer it to serve.
- Garnish with pieces of chocolate and enjoy!
6. Recipes for chocolate pies easy
A dessert table cannot complete without the chocolate pie. A chocolate pie is a wonderful indulgence that contains many ingredients which give a wonderful taste.
How to make chocolate pie recipe?
- Combine all dry ingredients like sugar (2/3 cup), cocoa powder (1/4 cup), cornstarch (3 TSP), salt (1/4 teaspoon) gradually stir in milk.
- Place the pan over medium heat. Stir continuously.
- Bring to low heat and stir about one minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla.
- Fill that substitution in the prepared pie shell and make it cool.
7. Eggless chocolate swiss roll cake without oven in 5 minutes
Chocolate swiss roll is one of the popular Swiss roll cakes and is from the origin of U.k. The chocolate swiss roll is a rich, and a great treat for chocolate lovers. These rolls are very simple to make. This could be a sweet dessert to make from a sponge cake.
How to make eggless chocolate swiss rolls without an oven?
- Mix all the ingredients those are milk, lemon juice, all-purpose flour, powdered sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and oil.
- Mix it till incorporated and smooth.
- Separate the batter into two portions.
- Add cocoa powder in one portion and mix it well.
- Take a frying pan and brush it with butter.
- Pour the cocoa batter in frying pan and let it cook until the bubbles come out.
- Place that cake on a baking paper and roll it.
- Now keep it cool completely.
- Unwrap the cake and make a layer of whipped cream.
- Again roll it with baking paper.
- Dust some cocoa powder over the roll cake.
- At last make layer of Nutella and dust some powdered sugar, then serve it!
8. Almond halwa recipe
Very rich and tasty Indian recipe. It is usually made during festivals and special occasions. Almonds are loaded with protein, fiber, calcium, magnesium, and potassium. They are also rich in vitamin E and play a role in reducing the harmful effects of aging.
How to make almond halwa?
- Take almonds in a bowl, pour a cup of hot water.
- Let it soak almonds for 5 minutes.
- Remove all water and rinse it with cold water.
- Remove the peel from all almond seeds.
- Then take almond kernels and milk to grind into a smooth puree.
- Heat ghee in a pan on medium heat.
- After it melts, pour almond smooth puree and stir it continuously.
- Keep cooking till all the milk or moisture get evaporated.
- Now add saffron strands and sugar, mix it well.
- Keep stirring till the ghee ooze will out.
- Now halwa is ready, take it out and decorate it with dry fruits.
The word dessert can be applied to many types such as cakes, biscuits, ice creams, pies, swiss rolls, puddings, sweets etc. Some recipes with fruits are also come under the desserts because of the natural sweetness of every fruit. It is a sweet course that is eaten at the end of the meal as we discussed from the beginning.
Now, from above my article you can know the different types of dessert recipes which can be prepared at home easily. You can choose your best one and try it at your home to fill your mouth with indulging sweetness. You all know that the desserts are favorites of everyone. In this article, you could find the seasonal desserts which will make you feel comforted.