The most necessary equipment that you find in every kitchen is The Pressure cooker! What comes to your mind when thinking about the pressure cooker? Pressure cookers are designed to make short work of slow cook dishes. These are basically an intense version of a saucepan. Nearly everyone is familiar with the idea of cooking using a hands-off cooker over a long period of time. But there is another item that you can find is the Pressure cooker.
The pressure cookers have been around for 300 years, but it became popular after some years. The modern pressure cookers are very safe and easy to use. Fine, for efficient cooking everybody uses the pressure cooker. But how to choose the best pressure cooker among different types and brands? most of the pressure cookers are going to prepare a delicious meal for you. But the best only makes it for you quickly and hassle-free. What are the things to be considered before buying a pressure cooker?
Things to be considered before buying a Pressure cooker
Normally everyone wants to buy any item according to their necessity and convenience. Everyone has a common question that how to pick the best pressure cooker? To get free from your confusion you should look into some natural things according to your willing for perfect shopping. So, Here are some countable things I wish to consider before buying the pressure cooker. So come with me to consider various factors to make our shopping more quality.
Know your need
There are many brands, sizes, and types of pressure cookesr. But, The first thing you just have to consider is the product which is right for you. Choosing the product based on your needs is an important thing which will satisfy you. Making the decision to buy a suitable pressure cooker is not a crazy thing. But if you realize how useful it is, then you can’t regret the time you spent on it!
Type of material
Make sure about the material of the product before making your shopping very expensive. Don’t be mistaken by the word stainless steel. Some of the stainless steals are mainly had chromium and nickel. If you check at the bottom of the product you can find the ratio as 15/11 means 15% chromium and 11% nickel.
Pressure cooker Size guide
First, we have to check the size of the cooker that should be enough for the food we keep in. It is better to choose the optimal size of the cooker for your needs. Choosing the pressure cooker size can be tricky because it does not directly reflect how much food that pressure cooker can actually hold.
»»» Here is a table of sample ingredients to help you in your selection
|Dry rice||Dry beans||Soup or stock|
|2||1 1/3||3/4||5 1/4|
|4||2 3/4||1 1/2||10 1/2|
|6||4||2 1/2||15 3/4|
|8||5 1/2||3 1/4||21|
|12||8 1/3||5||31 2/3|
Price of the pressure cooker
Most of all think that a pressure cooker might be very expensive. Although it may not be the case. The product can be available at an affordable price. Moreover, some brands are highly expensive because of their lifetime warranty. However, buying the best pressure cooker does not mean that the price has to be very much. Choose your best pressure cooker based on your capability.
- The pressure cooker can last for a long time. Some come with a lifetime warranty and you may have a hassle-free pressure cooker in a lifetime.
- If the lid is not closing properly then the instant pressure cooking pot will not function properly.
Why do you need to get a pressure cooker?
Some are the things that made the pressure cooker more special. Here are some reasons for owning a pressure cooker. Let’s go!!!
Pressure cooker cooks fast – Save your valuable time with pressure cooking. Soaked ingredients take very little time. The Lid of the cooker seals trapping steam inside the pot. Trapped steam builds pressure and increases temperature. So, higher temperatures and moist environments help to cook food faster.
Food retains more nutrients – Research studies have shown that pressure cooking retains more vitamins and minerals. Pressure cooker requires a sufficient amount of water to cook. So, It preserves the nutrients which give you the fresh taste and minerals will remain part of your diet.
Safety features of modern pressure cooker – The very higher temperatures in pressure cooker means that there are more chances to be destroyed during the pressure cooking. Moreover, the safety features of pressure cookers are greatly improved with advanced features like a safety valve. It reduces the problems associated with the older style pressure cookers.
The Flexibility of pressure cooker – Pressure cooking works with a wide variety of recipes and cooking styles which make it perfect for any taste. Breakfasts, roasts, different vegetable dishes, stews will get more taste with the use of the pressure cooker.
Care and clean of pressure cooker – Nowadays cookers are easy to use with more efficiency than a regular cooker. Pressure cooker adds more pressure to the food, complete it in a short time and make our work easy. It not only gives better taste but also it is easy to use and clean. Most pressure cookers are dishwater safe. Ok, it’s easy!
Different types of pressure cookers
Pressure cooking is able to speed up the cooking process by building the internal steam pressure which helps in cooking faster. These pressure cookers can be classified based on their generation or their origin or the type of material and features they have.
Programmable pressure cooker
This programmable multi cooker can cook meals at the fraction of the time that traditional cooking requires. It’s a versatile and compact appliance that lets you serve more nutrients. And it has 7 functions in one cooker. It replaces small cookers, rice cookers, pressure cookers, yogurt maker, steamer, saute pan and warmer. This cooker controls it’s temperature automatically. And also low cost.
- All the features of the Instant Pot Duo 60, now available in a 3 Qt compact format
- The perfect companion to your existing Instant Pot, use it for side dishes, vegetables or other accompaniments such as rice
pros and cons for programmable pressure cooker:
1. It is a multi-purpose pressure cooker used to cook for rice, vegetables, meat, side dishes, and so on.
|1. We have to learn all the things about how to work this cooker.|
2. It releases pressure fastly and makes the food quickly.
|2. It can be used in a very safe manner.|
3. Inside of the pressure cooker is with stainless steel so it is safe. And it replaces 7 functions in one cooker.
|3. If you press one button instead of another button the food may get spoiled. so, we have to use it very carefully.|
Stainless steel pressure cooker
Nowadays, people are so busy with their works. So, women’s didn’t cook their meals because of no time to prepare. That’s why they order from outside and eat. But, it is not so good for health. So, pressure cookers are introduced in the present generation. In these cookers, cooking their meals very quickly and this food also healthy compared with outside food. Some blasts were occurred sometimes because of no safety in the cookers. Hence, Stainless steel pressure cookers are safe to use as well as it gives healthy food, cost also affordable.
pros and cons for stainless steel pressure cooker:
1.It has a very good cooking capability it absorbs heat quickly.
1. It changes the temperature slowly.
2. Stainless steel cookers are very easy to clean don’t bother about how to clean very easy.
2. Sometimes food can stick to the stainless surface in the time of eggs, meat and so.
3. It has low-cost no worry to buy this cooker and also it is lightweight easy to take.
3. When it takes the high heat it changes its color.
- Chicken, fish, meat, and vegetables cook to perfection in minutes. Quickly cooks and tenderizes economical cuts of meat.
- Stainless steel construction with a special tri-clad base for fast, uniform heating. Ideal for use on regular and smooth top ranges.
Aluminium pressure cooker
Aluminium pressure cookers are made with aluminium. It is cost-effective, and these are light-weight pressure cookers like stainless-steel pressure cookers. These cookers are used for pressure cooking only why because it is not safety other than pressure cooking. If any fry has prepared the aluminium can releases some acidic compounds that are harmful to our health. So, these cookers are best for only pressure cooking.
pros and cons for aluminium pressure cooker:
1. It is 3 to 10 times faster than normal cooking methods. Faster than microwave ovens also.
1. Sometimes the aluminium releases acid compounds that are harmful to our health.
2. It is used for pressure cooking like rice, daal. Some of the food can’t be prepared in this cookers.
2. Some of the food materials like salt, soda, lemon, tomatoes should not be kept in the aluminium vessels.
3. Easy cleaning of the dishwasher, no need to worry.
3. If aluminium enters into our body It gets accumulated inside our body.
- Cooks three to ten times faster than ordinary cooking methods, saving time, energy, and money.
- Pressure regulator maintains the proper cooking pressure automatically.
These are the different types of pressure cookers and their reviews according to 2019. I hope this will help you to choose which pressure cooker is the best cooker. So, see the above all reviews and buy the cooker and reduce your cooking stress with the use of these pressure cookers. These can use for a single purpose as well as multi-purpose means used to cook rice as well as curries also. So, choose your best cooker and enjoy it while using.